Thursday, December 14, 2006

RAIN "Se7en is my good junior"


"I have no competitor.... I treat Se7en as a good junior who is close to me..." said Rain.

Who is the Korean artist that Rain treats as his competitor?

This question was asked during an interview. "Many people will ask this question... Well, when I was young, I just simply think that Michael Jackson is my target! Recently, I've been travelling between USA and S. Korea... What I observed was: Actually the difference between our artists and theirs is small.... Their (USA artists) advantages are government support, systematic trainings and huge investment. In opposite, there are many talented artists in S. Korea but the investment is not enough. Entertainment industry is not simply focused on physical conditions. So I should train myself to think smartly in order to catch up with them!"

Later, Rain continued, "Michael Jackson was once my imaginary 'competitor', now I seldom think about competitions. Instead, I keep on working hard everyday. It's quite similar to the process of building great wall. 5 years ago, I worked for accomodation for my family, the car, or perhaps travelling. But now, I just simply look for happiness.

On the other hand, Rain was asked about Se7en, a dancer singer whose success path is similar to Rain. "I never think he is my competitor. He has his own strength, he's a junior that I like!"



Source: Xi Man Ni
Up by azafighting@rainhk
Translation by jjbug @rain-malaysia
credits: Soompi Forums

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home