Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Walking Towards the World Stage

"Me? I've never thought of becoming better than anyone"
"Must remember 6 years ago"

Singer Rain, 24 and chosen as part of TIME 100, has the above messages written on the screen of his handphone. That night when he was walking down the red carpet during the NY TIME 100 Party, he suddenly recalled the times when he was a trainee 6 years ago.

27th, in the Seoul office of JYPE. Bi, who is walking in large strides towards the world stage, has a happy smile on his lips.

"My smile recently seems to be very hypocritical." When you are enjoying too much popularity, you tend to be proud and conceited. But this smile and straightforwardness, makes me feel at peace just as per usual.

You have to be very careful when performing on stage, don't you?

"Frequenting the Asian entertainment sector, after being chosen to be in the TIME 100 list, I feel there's really not much changes, except that I'm living in English-speaking countries. When I was in my teenage years, I didn't learn English well, and I'm regretting it now. So now I'm working hard on my English."

"The expectations of people around me have increased. For a better stage and better songs, I keep pushing myself. Now, everyday is the extension of chances non-stop!"

To build your self on honesty and desire, isn't that very tiring? "It is very tiring, I guess!" A sentence that holds so much meaning. Not in a depressed way, but because he has found a way to enjoy his job.

Rain "I've never thought of becoming better or more outstanding that anybosy; neither have I thought of outshining anyone. This attitude is very odd. However, when I am onstage and in front of the camera, I naturally feel that I am the best. At that moment, I am not me." *Smile*

"Please do not believe in untruthful rumours"

In the past few days, the stock value of Rain has been going up. His contract fee has gone up to 10-15 billion won. Rain's contract terms with JYPE will be up next year May. From the beginning of this years, rumours of him hopping to another company has been non-stop. The outside parties all have their versions of a story to tell, but the person in question does not say a word.

"Some say that I contacted many companies secretly. That is not true. It troubles me that there are so many people spreading rumours. I still have a year's contract with JYPE, so there are no conclusive answers now. As for Dad contacting many other agencies, that is also an untruthful news. Father and I do not interfere in each other's work."

Your contract fee is 10-15 billion won. What are your thoughts about these figures? "10 Billion won you said? I feel really happy of course, but they are just like bubbles. Because the Asian market influences my entry into the US market, everybody has got high expectations on me. With regards to this meaning, I feel burdened. Now, I only want to think about my work."

His schedule is full all the way until next year. Rain is now filming "I'm a cyborg, is that ok?" dorected by Pak Chan Wook. His fourth album is scheduled for release on 15 Oct, and his 5-months Asia Concert Tour to 11 different countries will kick off in December. His entry into US has been postponed to next year.

"I feel that the market structure in Asia is key to entering the US market systematically. If I can amass sufficient popularity in Asia, then it will be easier for me when I enter the US market. Hence, my Asia COncert Tour is the foundation to my entry into the US market. I will definitely go into the US market by mid next- year.

Rain and Director Pak relieves stress with Soju

Recently, Rain has become a Pusan man because he is filming his first movie, "I'm a Cyborg, Is that ok?" directed by Pak Chan Wook. ALmost 55% of his time is spent in that place. The day of interview Rain just finished his Fan-meeting at GwangUn University, and will be heading back to Pusan after the interview.

"The movie is based mostly in an asylum. The male actor meets a girl who is kinder than anyone he knows, and he falls in love," he said laughing. This could be a very romantic love comedy.

Talking about Director Pak who he is working with for the first time, Rain said, "He is a very charismatic leader. He has the looks and the capabilities. He is somebody who has a deep understanding of the knowledge of movies. When I feel very stressed up, I'll have a cup of soju with director to release stress. Im Soo Jung, who is like an elder sister, is very amiable as well. She is a senior who can make you feel very comfortable."

When he has time, he prepares for his 4th album. Other JYP, there are also other composers invited to participate in this project.

"The 4th album is a piece of work which I have done my utmost best to complete. In this 4th album, I made many great changes both in terms of my style of music as well as the pictures in it. I, who have been showing the beauty of musculinity until now, will be presenting the neutral-gender look. It's a secret! *Smile

YONHAP
Journalist Lee Eun Jeng reports (mimi@yna.co.kr)
Credit: Biwithrain// jinlees@soompi

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for his new image!!! In each of his album, he just look better and better so have alot to look forward to IMO!! Bi will always be Bi even if his image changed.. liked he said.. he will never forget 6 yrs ago so just have to continue to suppor him!!! Bi.. AJa!!!

happybi ^^

9:53 AM  
Blogger Flor said...

Yes, Rain Fighting. we will always support you no matter what.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home